Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Welcome!

My name is Sila. Welcome to my blog!
My intention is to make this exclusively a cooking blog, but I may post other things from time to time. One promise I can make -- I don't discuss religion or politics. Ever.

If you're looking for recipes for fancy, gourmet food, you should look elsewhere. What you will find here are delicious, family friendly recipes for down home comfort food made with simple ingredients easily found in any grocery store. I use store brands whenever possible, as I'm also always looking for ways to save money.

I tweak and reinvent recipes from many sources -- magazines, cookbooks, product labels, Internet, etc., but many of my source materials have been lost. I give credit whenever possible, but if you are a cookbook author or magazine publisher and you see one of your recipes here, please let me know so I can give proper credit or take it down.

When I have time, I will include a few pictures to show how things should look, but I'm not a photographer. My main focus will be on the food, not the photos.
There will be many recipes, few pictures.

Bon Appetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment