Saturday, May 16, 2009

King Ranch Chicken Casserole

I have no memory of exactly where I found this recipe, but it was the result of an exhaustive online search many years ago. It's surprisingly similar to my Mexican Casserole, but made with chicken. Delicious!

1 lb. chicken breast, cubed
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can tomatoes with green chilies
1 cup grated cheese
tortilla chips, crushed

In a non-stick pan, stir fry chicken chunks until cooked through. Stir soups and tomatoes together in a medium bowl. Spray a 13x9x2 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and cover the bottom with tortilla chips. Place chicken over tortilla chips and then spread soup mixture over chicken. Sprinkle top with cheese. Bake at 350ºF for 30-45 minutes or until hot through and bubbly.

2 comments:

  1. I have saw this recipe too. I think it was a Gooseberry Patch book. I have wanted to try it, but just haven't gotten around to it yet. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't know you did this, but I'm always looking for a fast, easy recipe :) Your one on Enchilada Casserole sounds similar to the one I got off my mother many moons ago.

    ReplyDelete