Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Monkey Bread

I've tried many versions of monkey bread over the years, but the one I found today on The Pioneer Woman Cooks looks like the best yet. I won't actually test it until Saturday morning, but I know it will be outstanding. Can't wait!

2-3 teaspoons cinnamon
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 sticks of butter
3 cans of Buttermilk Biscuits (the non-flaky ones)

Preheat oven to 350ºF. Combine cinnamon and white sugar in a gallon size zipper bag and shake to mix evenly. Separate biscuits and cut each one into quarters. Drop all biscuit pieces in the bag with the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Seal bag and shake until the pieces are separated from each other and coated in cinnamon-sugar. Arrange evenly in an ungreased bundt pan. Melt butter and brown sugar together in a small saucepan. Stir together over medium-high heat until completely combined. Pour butter mixture over biscuits. Bake at 350ºF for 30-40 minutes, or until crust is a deep brown on top. Allow to cool for 15-30 minutes. Turn out onto a large plate and serve.

1 comment:

  1. I love the Pioneer Woman. I've tried many of her recipes and they all turned out great. If you haven't already you should make her meatballs. They turned out great. I haven't had monkey bread since my cooking class in 4-H. It was so good!

    ReplyDelete