Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Poppy Seed Bread

I got this recipe from my mother who as been making it as long as I can remember. It's one of my favorite quick breads; not too sweet and just the right amount of crunch. I make mini loaves every year at Christmas for teacher gifts.

3 cups flour
1 1/8 cups oil
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. salt
2 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 tbl. poppyseed
1 1/2 tsp. butter flavor
1 1/2 tsp. almond flavor

GLAZE:
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 cup orange juice
1/2 tsp. butter flavor
1/2 tsp. almond flavor

Mix dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients and mix well. Pour into greased and floured loaf pans or bundt pan. Bake at 350ºF for one hour or until crack in top is dry. Brush glaze over warm (not hot) loaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment