Monday, April 6, 2009

Strawberry Cake

This cake is one of my favorites. It was even my birthday cake several times when I was a child. My store doesn't carry strawberries in the 10-12 oz. size, so I have to buy the 16 oz. package. Just be careful how much berries and juice you use. It is possible to get too much of a good thing!

1 box white or yellow cake mix
1 small pkg. strawberry Jell-O
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs
10-12 oz. frozen sliced strawberries, thawed and divided
1 pound powdered sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted

Stir together cake mix, Jell-O, water, oil and eggs. Add 5 oz. berries with juice and mix well. Bake in greased 13x9x2 pan at 325ºF for 20 to 30 minutes, or until done. Cool completely. Sift powdered sugar and mix together with melted butter. Beat in remaining strawberries with a hand mixer until desired consistency is reached. Spread onto cooled cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment